Sunday, July 31, 2011

July Favorites

Beauty gurus on YouTube do videos of their monthly favorites, and I enjoy watching them so I thought I would blog mine.  The difference will be that I don't want to just showcase beauty products, though there will be some.

Anyway, I have five favorites for this month.  I'll start with the three I have a photo of:


1. Sephora by OPI nail polish in Already Famous
This polish has a shimmery taupe base and lots of refined gold and silver glitter.  I'm not generally a fan of glittery polishes, but the glitter in this one is not chunky at all; just nice and sparkly.  It's a gorgeous color for summer.

2. Bumble and Bumble Quenching Complex Leave in Conditioner
I only have a sample of this (which has lasted two weeks), but as soon as I'm out I will be purchasing the full size.  While at Sephora recently I told the sales associate that I was looking for a new leave in conditioner that wouldn't weigh my hair down.  She loaded me up with samples, some of which have been complete duds, and this gem was in my haul. I put it in after showering and it makes the ends of my hair look shiny, thick, and healthy.  My hair is prone to looking quite stringy, but this has prevented that from happening.  As soon as I'm out of my sample I will be purchasing the full size.

3. Noosa Yoghurt
This stuff is amazing!  I am constantly searching for a new and improved yogurt, and I think the search is over.  It comes in six flavors: mango, honey, strawberry rhubarb, peach, raspberry, and blueberry.  I have tried all but the blueberry, and they have all been fabulous.  My least favorite is the honey, not because of the taste, but because I like to mix the honey into my yogurt, so I'll stick with Fage for that flavor.  However, the rest are scrumptious!

And here are my two favorites which I have no pictures :(

4.  This one's a book: Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
Truth be told I was forced to read this for work, but I'm so glad I was.  Basically this book is about how your thinking can help make you more successful or hold you back.  There are two mindsets: the growth mindset and the fixed mindset.  Growth mindset means you can always get better and grow.  You rebound from failure.  The fixed mindset means you put limitations on your capabilities.  Failure makes you give up.  After much reflecting I discovered that I have the growth mindset for others, but a fixed mindset for myself.
Though I read this for work, I think this is a wonderful read for anyone.  It has changed my parenting, and I've even talked to Chris about it and he has changed as well.  I would have had him read the book, but well, he hasn't read a book since college.

5. And for my last favorite, a TV show: Suits
This show is a brand new series, and honestly what drew my attention to it can be summed up in two words: eye candy.  In my opinion, the two lead actors are super hot (one more than the other, but I'm not telling which I prefer ;) ), and the show comes on after Claire goes to bed, so I figured what the heck, and tuned in to the series premiere. It didn't take me long to get hooked, as I genuinely enjoy the plot lines, no matter how farfetched they are.  It's on Thursday nights at nine on USA, if you're interested.

1 comment: